The world at the minute is not the one we love, and being separated from our Mushin Family has made this time apart even more cruel and painful.
While we could love to be throwing each other to the mat and waking up sore the next day, we are all doing the right thing and isolating ourselves at this time.
As of right now we are unaware as to when we can reopen, be that dates or in capacity, but hopefully we will be informed in the very near future, but for now we want to provide some tips on how to stay mentally upbeat so you can come back sharp and ready for action.
- The amount of information we have absorbed over the recent weeks and months has been overwhelming and while it is good to stay up to date with the latest advice and precautions – maybe switch off every now and again. Your brain is a muscle, and constant fear and worry just like constant exercise with no rest may not be wise.
- Sensei Sue has provided a great video on meditation which is available here – it is just ten minutes and could help you during this time
- However if you are really suffering and require help, then please contact Samaritans on 0330 094 5717 who can offer further assistance in your time of need
Training and consistency as we mentioned above are good in moderation – and while your training has been disrupted some of our curriculum has been posted on our Martialytics page – contact Sue for more details. The videos have been made available for your belt level and if you are struggling with certain techniques, well we have lots of free time to offer advice so get in touch.
- Stay in contact with those you care about, Zoom calls offer a great fun we to stay in touch with those you love and in the near future this is something we will hope to explore as a quiz night with your Mushin Family.
- While we cannot be close, we hope this time of reflection brings everyone calms and reminds us to slow down, you matter to the world and you matter to us – if you need a chat, get in contact with Sue or Bobby who are almost experts in calming our students down.
Join our Mushin Community if you have not done, ask Sue for details and here you will find a collective group,
Time flies quickly, it is up to you to navigate.